Mike Pence Is Terrible
- Pence is a climate denier. Pence, who had a lifetime score of 4% on the National Environmental Scorecard has called climate change a “myth” and said the evidence was “simply not there.”
- Pence is anti-science. Pence’s refusal to believe in science led to public health crises, accelerating an HIV epidemic in Indiana and leading the Trump administration’s failed response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Pence killed 19,000 clean energy jobs. Mike Pence effectively killed the Energize Indiana program that created 19,000 Hoosier jobs while saving energy.
- The Pence family forced taxpayers to clean up their pollution. Pence’s family gas station business left Indiana taxpayers with $21 million in cleanup costs from contaminated sites.
- Pence turned his back on Black communities. Pence ignored pleas for help with lead crisis in mostly-Black East Chicago, IN, but immediately responded to lead contamination in a 97% white community in the same year.